Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him...
Psalm 37: 3-7
I have been praying for something in my life to become what my Heavenly Father would have it become, and I feel my prayers being answered each day. Sometimes, well I might just say most times, God answers our prayers in unexpected ways. But I know He is there.
Emily and I printed out audition papers yesterday for the Nauvoo Performing Mission, May to August of 2010. Check this out:
• Young Performing Missionaries live in close quarters: Elders in one house, Sisters in another. A generous, loving spirit toward others, coupled with clean and orderly habits, have a direct correlation to a successful missionary experience.
• Good physical and mental health must be maintained: personal health programs must be
controlled without assistance from the mission.
• YPSMs must live according to the Church Missionary schedule (companion study, personal
study, lights out at 11pm.)
• Remain at arm’s length with members of the opposite sex
• Wear appropriate missionary attire; no shorts
• Good housekeeper, neat bedroom, consistent immediate cleanup of kitchen after personal use
Telephone
NO telephone calls to parents or friends. No other long distance telephone calls. No e-mail
or use of computers without the consent of the Mission President. Serving in Nauvoo is a rare privilege. Each year many worthy young members apply for this opportunity. Only twenty Young Performing Stage Missionary calls are issued each year. Talent, training, and experience are very important to casting the productions. However, character traits such as spiritual maturity, obedience to the mission rules, and enthusiasm for the missionary cause weigh heavily in the final selection of those called.
Meanwhile, Jonathan Ditto and I are very much in love with each other. Life is interesting some times, isn't it?
Tangents and how strange my normal is…
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment