Friday, October 1, 2010

Top 10

I have to write. It's the strangest feeling but it feels so therapeutic to ramble. I don't even know what to say. I guess these are 10 things worth mentioning:

1) I have been researching Tucson, Arizona and Chapel Hill, North Carolina because within those two cities are law schools that the husband is certain to apply to. I even looked at little apartments for rent in both places and read the brutal opinions of people who hate Arizona. I for one, wouldn't mind a warm Christmas. However, my vote between those two would be Chapel Hill. I think...?

2) I am listening to Swithfoot's Always repeatedly. That band always has lyrics with below-the-surface meanings and I think they are amazing. They often sing about God, and I am trying to interpret the lyrics of this intriguing song.



3) Having a hard day? Look at this face.
 Stockton Rex Mecham
What a handsome little guy.

4) I feel like summer was snatched away from my finger tips. I might throw a tantrum on our black and white checkered kitchen floor because of it.

5) I was sick all week. I pride myself in how powerful my immune system is, but I guess it's not that cool after all. And it always surprises me how quickly you can lose your endurance in a matter of only a few days! I went jogging today and started losing energy after only one and a half miles. Come on body.

6) Josh Park married Emily Carpenter yesterday. Their sealing was so real and brought so many of us to tears. I am so happy they realized after five years of knowing each other that they are each other's companions for this life and the next and the next and the next....





Yesterday was what I call "Folk Dance Heaven." So many kindred spirits that I danced with at BYU traveled to Utah for the celebration. It was a rich day to be at the temple with them. These are my equivalent to mission companions and they will forever feel like family.
Girls I love and admire.
My brothers.
Emily looked breathtaking. I wish I took a picture of her hair that Cindy spent hours on. What a woman.

7) Time for me to be better at crafting, gardening, interior design, and sewing. Is that too much to ask?

8) I whipped out my Spanish text books last night. My job is going really well, but the road to improvement requires my Spanish conversation skills to come back to me. They remain in that brain of mine somewhere, I know it! Hispanic women are highest in attendance at the parent resource center, and I want to speak fluently with them.

9) Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes General Conference October 2010 is here. Jon and I usually try to go to at least one session. Don't wait in standby if you want to get in. Just ask people on the street corners of the conference center if they have extra tickets and you'll find some. Some people even hold signs "Will give hugs for 2 tickets." I think it works for them. Jon's mindset, "Why not just go up to people and ask" works even better. I guess people can't really resist a face like his.

10) My biggest accmplishment in life was marrying you.

4 comments:

  1. so glad i just found your blog. don't why i never thought to look before.

    so sad i'm not in the picture of your brothers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your top 10. But, I'm disappointed that hanging out with us on Monday wasn't included... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have tickets to Sat morning, but often have gone downtown with no tickets and begged at the corner. It does work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Rach - how can I get invited to Whit's blog? Does Mary have a blog?

    ReplyDelete