Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy Anniversary

One year later, and more love than ever.

We had our usual early morning Wednesday this past June 1. Woke up at 5:30 so I could be at the temple and Jonathan at work to call the UK for sales. But once he picked me up at 11:00, he was all mine for the day. First, we had a picnic in the park where we had our first date, and even made time to toss a frisby around. Then Jon  came with me to my family center in Springville, as it was the kickoff day for our summer reading program. I love having Jon at work with me for a few hours. All my kids have heard so much about him, they're just a bit intrigued whenever he comes around. And it's fun for Jon to finally match so many names to faces. He hears me ramble on about my center patrons so often...

As soon as we finished up at the family center around 2:30pm, it was time to run away!!
I used to have a reputation for "running." Now we run away together. He has always been right there alongside me. Guess he just knew all along how to help me fly, so I never needed to run from this one.

I came out to the car and there was a little present wrapped up and waiting on the seat - I love little surprises! It was the movie While you were Sleeping. Yep, we both love the classics. We're trying to build our library of wholesome movies. He also surprised me later with the new version of Pride and Prejudice. What a champ to buy me chicflicks that I love! And yes, he is willing to watch them with me, as long as I appease him and watch a good action film with him every now and again. He also planned a bike ride but unfortunately we ran out of time, something that seems to be a habit of ours lately...


One year later and my rockin husband still listens to me. He remembered this nice Japanese restaurant that I mentioned I'd love to go to sometime. It's more of a cultural experience because you actually sit on the floor on pillows and pretty much everything on their menu is sushi. We loved it, talking about what it would be like to travel the world together some day. Wondering where we'll be called as senior missionaries in later years...
e
It was delicious. And that fresh taste takes Jon back to his childhood days in Hawaii.
Katana Hibachi is located in South Jordan, so we made a quick stop to grab the top tier of our wedding cake that had been in my parents' freezer for a year!

 I know you're not going to believe it, but our cake was still just as yummy as ever! I hear it's the marzipan that keeps it fresh, and freezing it in a hefty duty freezer of course. We are quite pleased with the way this tradition turned out.

It was a day full of surprises. Jon took me here in Salt Lake City and then took the entire next day of work off so we could play in the city! Luckily my summer schedule is an intense Monday thru Wednesday at the family center doing summer programs and Love and Logic classes, but I have Thursdays and Fridays off. :-) 

Marrying Jon was the smartest decision I have ever made, and having him as my other half is my greatest accomplishment. To my friends who have yet to find the love of their lives, trust in God's timing and His plan for you. It will be so worth the wait when your turn comes. And it will. God always fulfills His promises.

It sure was magical to feel the air last Wednesday, remembering my wedding day in Manti and our reception in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Have we really been married for an entire year already? Thanks for my wings, Jonathan David. And for flying with me always. One year down, and eternity to go. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy one year!! You guys are perfect together! Sorry I'll miss you at the dinner tonight, I already had plans before grandma planned this dinner. Luv ya though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you got to have a wonderful day filled with fun and yummy food!

    I hope the next 80 years will be just as fabulous as your first!

    :)

    ReplyDelete