Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Summer Standstills

Life is hard and that's the plain ol' truth. In fact, especially lately for the little Rach (yes I tend to refer to myself in third person when the situation calls for it) one event after another lately has felt like a major blow. The only thing keeping me standing is the strength of my greatest accomplishment - my husband. And the gospel of Jesus Christ of course. Thank you President Uchtdorf, for saying exactly what the women of the church needed to hear.

So rather than listing those recent major blows, I would think listing my standstill moments of the past few months should be a very wise thing to do. After all, "When upon life's billows you are tempest-tossed...count your many blessings." Here is what I will try to focus on.

First off, the Ditto family reunion in Washington last July. I taught a little Hula dance for our Luau, particularly focusing on those little girlies in the front. I gave them extra motivation to shake their hips and it was adorable. Furthermore, the men did a portion of the Haka which I love love love. All of this accompanied with traditional Luau pork and rice = my taste of Hawaii Standstill Moment.




Next, summer standstills at Bear Lake. Boating is always a remedy for the soul, especially because it gives Jon and I memories of the day we met.

 He might kill me for posting this. And for the record, he was way too shy to do anything like this on the day we met. I just asked him to flex because quite frankly, I love me a man at the grill. Hopefully he doesn't ever glance at this blog post. ;-)















We were just grateful to have a week or two that actually felt like summer. Making plans to move across the nation, following through with those plans and taking the trek, searching frantically for a job and a place to live for three days in Columbus, and then getting back in the car just to drive all the way back to Utah sort of distracted me from remembering that it was summer - my all time favorite season of the year. Luckily we squeezed a little vacation time in there somewhere.

And in conclusion, proof that things just don't turn out the way you expect them to. Have a good laugh at this!

No comments:

Post a Comment