Thursday, October 13, 2011

Do's and Don'ts de Placement Break

DO have a sleepover in your front room. To maximize the experience, build a fort as well!

 DO act like a kid. In fact, do it often.


DO NOT act like a bass fish at the aquarium at Cabella's.
 Unless you are rather used to being fools in public together.

Certainly, DO hike to the Timpanogos caves when the surrounding mountains have recently been sprinkled with snow.

DON'T forget your tennis shoes! Choose to be more comfortable than we were. 

 Do watch Planet Earth - Caves before you go! (Nerd confession #1)

Should you find a Rubber Boa crossing your path, DO NOT pick him up!
 Unless you are positive he his harmless (luckily a forest ranger was walking with us) and you take immense satisfaction out of doing something, every day, that scares you. Little Rachie's heart was POUNDING. 
 Little Jonny's was not.
 Do Say hello to a forest ranger! You never know, he just might be your blast from the past and eighth grade science teacher! Mr. Ellison? RANDOM. Yes, I trusted his judgment when we discovered this snake. I well remember this man's passion for Bill Nye the Science Guy. Anything more foolproof than that? Please. That is pure scientific knowledge at its best.
And lastly, Do fall in love with the children in your life. These are five of my 39 little students. From left to right we have Mr. Chris the Red, Paisley the hip-shaker (and only lady in her class), Auggie the fohawk guy (riding a bull maybe?), Shane who wears a Buzz Lightyear shirt daily, and Mathias who has recently become Shane's shadow.

I got to play on this blowup slide with these little babes. Brightened my entire week. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I was in 8th grade we hiked timp and i ran into him then! Awkward middle school....can't believe he still does it!

    ReplyDelete