But being there with family and my niece and nephews only multiplied the savor of these standstill moments. My niece, Kiera, is now five. My brother and sister-in-law live in Alaska so it's always really special to spend time with them. There were just one too many standstill moments of this vacation. I have been anxiously awaiting to document them all.
It was almost as if Mickey was just waiting for this little princess right as we entered Main Street. She was beside herself with joy, it seriously felt like a movie.
Wait, who is the five-year-old in this picture? :-)
Here we are just moments before, with the whole crew minus my Daddio. I sure love being a Mecham!
Harvey wins. Look at that little stud!
These are my babies. Well, I wish they were. Look at little Eli's cast. He fell down the stairs a couple weeks before the trip and every time we ask him about it, he points to it and exclaims "Broken!!" with his full, pouty lips. Seriously gonna die he's so adorable.
And another standstill: Keira waited and waited to meet Rapunzel, and it was so sweet when her turn finally came. She was kind of star struck and blown away. Taking a little girl who loves princesses to Disneyland is absolutely priceless!
It was the very same thing with Harvey when he met Buzz. And he was especially excited to show him his "Rex"
This was too cute for me to not snap a picture of Zach and Keira, holding hands wherever we'd go.
And here's the crew in line for Toy Story Mania, David's favorite ride in the park! I'm pretty sure it's up there for Tony and Jon too.If I EVER scored that high, it might be my favorite too! But at last, you can tell which board is Jon's and which is mine. I was just lucky to shoot past the 100,000 mark!
Here's the crew together again, waiting in line for the fabulous Aladdin show.
And of course, we took some time to do our favorites, like Splash Mountain.
And Tower of Terror which Jon and I love even more.
This was our last big ride of the trip on Saturday night. We really ended things with a bang and see that lady in the pink sweatshirt in the front? She made the ride even more fun because she was scared out of her wits.
California Screamin' is an excellent roller coaster.
I think it made Daddio a little sickie though!! HILARIOUS. Sorry Dad, I just had to.
I also had to take a picture of this windblown hair. My cute dad. I never anticipated the day when he sat next to me on a thrilling roller coaster ride! Go Champ!
We all took turns with the kiddos so everyone could enjoy the rides! It was so great to spend more time with Anthony and Sarah. I hope some day we all live within driving distance of each other. Isn't family amazing?
Emily tried to make me laugh in this one. Unfortunately, David's got her beat though! Hey GUYS!
We showed some Brigham pride one day, wore our colors with pride. :-)
My handsome man.
Guess what? It's Tough to be a Bug.
And we got great spots for the water show in California Adventure called "World of Color." It's pretty phenomenal! Here are da boyz.
And here are the ladies.
My Marm and Daddio.
David is such a good Daddy to Zachary.
And this just melts my heart to butter.
I want babies so badly, it hurts sometimes. Proverbs 3:5-6
But each day I resolve to make the best of our situation. I know my Heavenly Father hears my prayers, and holding this little guy sure brings me a lot of joy. :-)
The love of my life.
Harvey and Keira taking turns with Uncle Jon. I think they are pros and wearing him out, and he loves it.
Don't worry, the 9-hour drive is nothin when you have the correct reading material.
And of course, this photo will always be a J-Rach tradition.
Life is rich and God is good to us. Disneyland was so magical and just as much fun as we were hoping for. We needed the getaway, the laughter, the warm weather, and the memories. I think we are still recovering, we expended so much energy there. It was definitely worth it. Love you, Family.
These pics were so cute! Thanks for sharing. If you ever get to Disney World you'll have to let me know. We have a piece of heaven out here too. :-)
ReplyDeleteYay for so many pics! Next time you go to Disneyland I think you should take us with you. Deal? Deal. And just so you know you guys are in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteDeal deal deal deal!!
DeleteWhat a fun trip!! Someday the fearsome foursome should take a trip to Disneyland I think...
ReplyDeleteOr better yet...DISNEYWORLD! After all, the Fearsome Foursome certainly needs to visit Harry Potter land together.
Deleteso glad you had such a great time!
ReplyDeletelove all the pics and yes, I dare say I am so jealous! We totally should have followed you guys there! Glad it was a blast!
ReplyDeleteKaitlin you DEFINITELY should have! :-)
Deleteaw, my book twin, i absolutely adore you so much!! and coming across your blog now i love seeing your goofy side shine at disneyland!! the happiest place on earth for sure ;)
ReplyDeleteI love some of these pics, you must email them to me.
ReplyDelete