Sunday, March 25, 2012

This Past Weekend...

Was chalked full of events! For several weeks we have been looking forward to the arrival of the blessed March 23rd to bring us The Hunger Games. It was everything we were hoping for. We went all out and bought tickets to the nearest I-Max, which is in South Jordan.

I'd say the odds were definitely in our favor. Zach and Clarissa, our dear friends from our ward, graced us with their presence because they are probably about as obsessed with the books as us Dittos are.

 We were very pleased with this film and we are certainly of the opinion that it did justice to the book. I would love to sit down and have a conversation with Suzanne Collins one day and her views on the tragedies of war. I feel like there are so many messages she is trying to get across throughout these powerful series.

The next day, we did a little bit of Festival of Colors action at the Hare Krishna temple...because while Jon and I have done this craziness separately, we never had an opportunity to do it together. 


We had a good time, but we both agree it's more fun the very first time you go. To be honest, that crowd is getting larger and crazier each year. And frankly, there are masses of stupid people everywhere that make me feel unsafe. We might pass up the chalk fight next year. Call us Grams and Gramps if you must!

And probably the best part of my entire weekend was how it ended last night. We went from that chaotic chalk fight to the BYU Traditions Ball in the Hinckley Building.
 Jon surprised me with tickets to this a couple weeks ago. He loves this ball and has been looking forward to taking me for my first time. We quickly decided this should be another J-Rach tradition while we live here in the good ol' Provo.
 It was very classy and so fun to spend the evening dancing away to the live big band, eating delicious food, listening to some talented barbershop groups, and watching some impromptu comedy. Jon has a soft spot for certain atmospheres like these. Especially if it's BYU related! Yep, 8 years later, I am still living in Provo, Utah!
But life has a way of becoming richer and better. :-)

Why must the weekends fly by so fast? I will be back at the hospital before I know it. 

2 comments:

  1. We loved the Hunger Games too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach you look absolutely gorgeous! I love how you two got to dress up all nice and go to a ball. I need me one of those in my life right about now. I have yet to see the Hunger Games Movie but from what I've been hearing it's AWESOME! Ok I'm getting more and more excited to play with you when we come back to Utah. :) ~McCall

    ReplyDelete