Thursday, August 16, 2012

Oh Reunions Sweet

Welcome Home, Elder Samuel Ditto!!

Sheesh his mission sure felt long to all of us. We are so happy to have this amazing kid back home!


Brotherly love.

Voted most favorite pick of the evening by me. Hilarious. And just to save some of  Matt's pride, he was squatting down!


Jon's having a hard time knowing his "little" brother has got forty pounds on him and is a bit taller.



When the wondrous Mama Ditto asked what Sam wanted to do the next day, his only desire was to climb a mountain. They don't have many of those in St. Louis, Missouri. So climb we did.


Look at these darling people. Sara leaves for college today and I'm going to miss that girl like crazy!


For the record, I enjoy hiking ON TRAILS rather than off-roading as the majority of this hike required. But boys will be boys, and Sara and I were forced to oblige.

The view, however, is always worth it in the end. 

Jon and I found some symbolism as we were trail-blazing up the steeper side of the mountain. It was rather difficult to climb alone, so finally I let my pride melt away and let Jon hold my hand to stabilize me and guide the way. It was so powerful. I think sometimes I carry the weight of my heaviest burdens alone much more than I should. When I let my husband lead me and support me, life is so much easier and then the progression picks up again. It doesn't help to look up or down; the key is to focus on your own steps and on your own progress. Ultimately, it is my Savior Jesus Christ who sustains, strengthens, and comforts me. With him, I can bear all things and find joy in the journey. 

Once Jon took my hand and we figured out how to stabilize each other to move forward, we picked up the speed and made it to the top. It wasn't an easy hike, and it took a little longer than we anticipated. It certainly reminds me of this talk.

The church is true. 


1 comment:

  1. I love this post (and all your posts!) You Dittos are so great. :)

    ReplyDelete