Thursday, February 21, 2013

More on Infertility

Meet our very close friends and our trail-blazers along our own infertility journey, the Purcell's.

Click here to read Matt's story.

And click here to read Stephanie's story.

I am a firm believer that people come into our lives at a specific time for a very specific reason. It's called God's perfect timing. Matt and I still look back to the day we became friends in 7th grade; it was Mr. Glenn's pre-algebra class. And Matthew and I were intimidated of the seemingly massive 9th graders who shared that hour with us. And then we were like brother and sister throughout the rest of middle and high school.

It was all meant to be. Because years later, his wife and their entire experience of infertility would become one of God's greatest tender mercies in my life. The gospel is very rich and very real, my friends.

Love you, Matt and Steph.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Rachel. Words can not express my love and admiration for you. Your love and support has sustained me through many hard days. I can't wait to be a momma with you and have play dates with our kids--it WILL happen! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    Thanks for your timing in sharing this. About 15 minutes before reading this I found out through facebook that somebody else I know got pregnant really fast. I felt that all too familiar pang of sadness, jealousy, envy, and everything else. I went to look at pictures of kids who are waiting to be adopted to try and feel better, and then I decided to check my blog list and here I ham. I just needed that little reminder that I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete