My experinece with this beloved instrument has certainly measured up to what I hoped it would be. In three months time, I finished Book One. Book Two is challenging and wonderful. My callouses are reminders that I am on my way to learning Bach's Prelude. Going to my cello lessons with Cheryl is always a highlight of my week. This lady is a marvelous teacher, and I feel like her expertise is helping me excel in pursuing my dream of becoming a cellist!
My favorite part of my lessons is whenever we play duets, because she makes me sound about three times better than I really am. :-)
Together, we've decided that the cello is "like smooth, rich molasses that soothes my soul."
Her husband calls us the Dynamic Duo, just to make me feel confident in my progress.
Have I mentioned how much I love this instrument?
this makes me so happy. i can't wait for my own personal concert! :D
ReplyDeleteAgreed! :)
ReplyDeleteRachy!! This makes me so, so happy! Please play for me this summer. :)
ReplyDelete