Thursday, June 27, 2013

The House that Built Me

Memories of my entire life and childhood echo within the walls of my now empty home in South Jordan. I think even without these pregnancy hormones flowing through my body, I'd still be pretty emotional about this transition. My parents moved in to this house when I was just one year old. This is the house that built me.


9674 Jordan Way
South Jordan, UT


My room throughout elementary and middle school, shared with my little sis.

My room throughout high school and whenever I came home from college.

A view of the upstairs hallway.


See I really wasn't as spoiled as you might think. I shared this bathroom with four older brothers. :-)

Mom and Dad's room



Okay maybe I was somewhat spoiled. Daddy bought me that baby grand right there. :-)

Our family room.

I forgot to get the dining room and the kitchen, but at least I snagged a couple of pictures of my home the last night I was there.

Forever my humble home.

How strange it will be to drive by my home and see someone else living there. I try not to think about the fact that my children will never know my home from my childhood and grade school years.
My parents are building a new home, just down the road from the house I grew up in. It is beautiful, and more accomodating for our growing family, and suits the needs of my parents as they grow older.

But I still shed a few tears saying goodbye to 9674 Jordan Way, especially when I listen to this song.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Change is hard, but it's good that you have pictures to show you kiddos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sad. I have a bunch of memories there too. Your family is so great!

    ReplyDelete