Sunday, November 24, 2013

Babymoon

After days and months of seemingly endless work days for me and arduous school days for Jonathan, suddenly we had 48 hours straight of down time at the hospital as a family of three. It was magical, and we called it our Babymoon.


Getting to know our daughter, and learning her baby language through the night. 
  It certainly took us a few nights to understand her needs better, but she is the sweetest baby.

It was a much needed break for us. After joking so long about not being responsible for a day and playing "hookie" it felt like we finally had that chance (especially since we thought we had three weeks left before Amberly's arrival)! It was so surreal and so relaxing. We really soaked in every moment in the Mother Baby unit. We had no responsibilities other than to love our baby girl and for me to learn how to nurse - my number one goal. I think I asked just about every nurse for a breastfeeding tip, and I utilized the lactation specialist as much as possible. Such a blessing to have that extra day in the hospital!

And she has quite the fan club. Here are just a few of her visitors, I should have taken more photos!
Grandpa Mecham - trying not to cry

Grandpa Ditto

Grandma Mecham

Uncle David - a long drive from Ogden!

Aunt Emily - Happy Birthday!

Uncle Brian

I remember just a few weeks ago thinking I wouldn't want to stay long in the hospital and I would just want to take my Amberly home with me as soon as possible. Because of my fever during labor, Dr. Savage ordered a 48-hour stay for us. Remember how I said everything changed for us once we were in labor? Well my desire of a hospital stay changed too (yikes for the bill headed our way, however...)

We loved our Babymoon.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you called it a "babymoon". Too cute!
    Amberly sure is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete