Indeed, this little tike has come full circle!
Daddy Ditto graduates from BYU Law School 29 years ago.
Holding Jonathan David
We're not planning on our Amberly becoming a lawyer but ya know, we had to do it.
I guess Jon just always knew he'd excel and earn himself an advanced degree!
Jonathan with his older brother, Daniel. I heart their little bow ties.
Look at this darling little family, April 1985
We both came to Provo as one,
but are leaving as three!
Jonathan literally finished his last assignment three hours before he walked for graduation.
And then it took awhile to sink in that he was actually done with school forever!
He was so exhausted, everything just felt sort of surreal. Jon had so much adrenaline and so much on his mind during his last week of finals (forever!), each night he averaged only four hours of sleep! (His restlessness every couple of hours would wake me up...and...it felt like I had a newborn babe again...:-)
I'm glad he took this cool pic at the commencement, despite his utter exhaustion.
My little sis graduated last December in recreational management and walked as well! You go girl.
Per Emily's genius idea, we avoided the traffic and drove to the Art City Trolley Cafe in Springville afterwards for dinner. Finally that cloud of doom and despair has been lifted from my husband's eyes!
And we knew we were losing our opportunities to hike our beloved Y one more time, so we booked it up this mountain the next morning to say goodbye to Provo.
Baby Girl seemed a little confused on our first hike, so she decided to sleep through most of it.
And Friday was the law school reception and convocation ceremony at the De Jong Concert Hall.
Such a wonderful, beautiful, standstill day to celebrate with family and friends.
This is the wonderful man who called us home from Ohio the weekend before classes started at BYU in August 2011. We can't get enough pictures with Dean Hernandez! I also worked with him in our stake because I was called to the stake primary this past year, and he is in our presidency. We have truly fallen in love with our network and happy life in Provo.
What is it they call us? Zoobies? I guess I am the epitome of that word now.
With Dean Rasband in his Harvard robes
Jon with some of his fellow clerks for the BYU General Legal Counsel
Editor in Chief of the Education and Law Journal
Jorge was Jon's Executive Editor
Fabulous convocation. Incredible speakers, profound insights about serving others through law and remembering that family always comes first. We feel honored to be a part of this program and now, the alumni association for BYU Law.
Enter to learn, go forth to serve
The Ditto lawyers with Dean Rasband
And a celebration with friends!
We adore this gracious couple. I don't know what Jonathan would have done without Daniel Scow, one of his best friends and study buddies through these grueling three years. And Suzanne saved me a few times too, especially as I became a mother! We will miss these lovely people.
Jon looked at me on Friday and finally admitted what he's never admitted to anyone these past three years:
"That was really hard."
Thank you, BYU Law School. We are forever grateful.































Awww! Rachel, thank you!! I could basically say so many of the same things! I feel so happy and proud of these guys too. Such a happy weekend. I loved your documentation of it and all the pictures! As happy as I am for it to be over I am so sad to part ways with you guys! I know dan really needed Jon's friendship and I just think the world of you! We love you both!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you guys! Such an accomplishment!
ReplyDelete