But he did it, and I just have to say that we are basking in the light at the end of that long tunnel.
On October 16th, Jonathan David Ditto was sworn in as a licensed attorney for the state of Utah. It was a joyous day!
Abravenal Hall
And just to celebrate even more, his sister Mary Anna Ditto was sworn in as an attorney as well!
The brand new attorneys make it official simultaneously. Look out world!
This is Spencer, one of Jon's closest law school buddies. I'm so glad we got a picture with him! He's one of our favorite people. Brilliant and hilarious with his dry sense of humor. He might have kept Jon sane by bringing NBA Jam to class a time or two, and yes, they would secretly play it in the back row with their other buddy Daniel Scow. There is a kid in every lawyer.
A few more Dittos
Daddy Ditto took us to The Garden afterwards for lunch.
The servers were so excited for Jon and Mary, they opened up the roof to the restaurant and let them make a wish before letting a balloon fly into the sky. It was pretty cool!
And so, it's officially official. Jon can do really hard things.
And he's a licensed attorney for the state of Utah!
I left the ceremony that day hoping I had done enough to support my husband through those law school years. It was a time of growth for both of us, for sure. I balanced keeping my husband mentally/emotionally stable and well-fed (well at least I made him dinner), working full-time, and battling infertility for the majority of it. I hope I was enough for Jonathan during those roller coaster law school years in Provo. Nonetheless, he did it. We did it! And while I often wondered if it would all be worth it, I can say now that it was all worth it in the end.
Jon will continue his clerkship for the Second District Court of Utah for a minimum of one year, a maximum of two. It's great exposure to various areas of law and it's a really great fit for our little family for the time being. This clerkship places him in a good position for his next exciting job! Oh the places Jon will go and the people he'll help as a lawyer, we shall see!



No comments:
Post a Comment