I can think of two days in my lifetime that were literally the happiest days of my life. Days that I sincerely pray I can relive one day if that is even possible.
I am grateful that my Uncle Steve was taking pictures every moment the day before my wedding as well as the day of our special day.
May 31st, 2010 - Leaving for Manti
I feel so blessed to have always been surrounded by close, loving friends who are full of vivacity, light, and a love for life. I had an overwhelming support group drive to Manti for my wedding.
Just a couple of kids head over heels. We felt like we paid our dues to find each other.
Literally looks like a castle on a hill. This temple still takes my breath away whenever we make the drive down there to re-visit where we were sealed as husband and wife for time and all eternity.
Our sealing was perfect. President Pinegar was witty but sincere and inspired with every word he said. He was wonderful. Being sealed in one of the towers above the spiral staircase was unique and magical. When one of my uncles complained about walking up the staircase President Pinegar replied "Here in Manti, we're pioneers! We walk instead of use elevators." He is my favorite. And I think it's okay to feel like my own sealing was by far the very best I've ever been to. :) Jonathan and I had time to write down a few thoughts on our drive home from Manti to Salt Lake City that afternoon for our reception. Counsel he'd given and so many witty comments. We still talk about the moment President Pinegar stared at us in silence and then said out loud "You know, you two are going to have the most beautiful children!" We also loved his remark after our first kiss over the altar- "That was perfect" which made us all laugh.
I still tear up when I see these pictures. The happiest day of my life, up until our Amberly Faith joined our family (now tied for first place), was Tuesday June 1st, 2010.
Dan Hixson was our amazing photographer!
Where our luncheon was held
Reception held at the Joseph Smith Building in the Sharon Manchester Room
I love my brothers.
First moments as Mrs. Ditto
The gelato stand was a must.
The view from the Sharon/Manchester room was why we wanted our reception here.
My sister was my right arm the entire day.
The kid's room
I was a bit impulsive...
But he got me back
This picture means a lot to me with Seth and Britt in the background.
You guys are so cute now and were so cute then! Congrats on 5 years!
ReplyDelete