When something like this happen in your life, I find it is best just to embrace it.
And so I have officially said goodbye to my twenties and welcomed the year of "Thirty, Flirty, and Thriving" whole-heartedly. My goal is to dance my way through life, both literally and figuratively speaking, and to stay young at heart. In some ways it is easy to remain youthful and fun, especially with the cutest most darling 2 year old who I get to be with all day every day. She is the greatest little thing. And yet, becoming a mother (twice!) has given me greater feelings of anxiety and worry than I ever thought possible.
I thought I loved fiercely. I really did. Then, these two came along.
Cuteness overload.
And my days are filled with simple tasks like making food, changing diapers, singing songs at the top of my lungs, teaching the alphabet and how to count to ten, wiping dirty fingers and faces, tidying up the scattered toys and books strewn across the living room, painting pictures, playing barbies, and putting off that ever dreaded huge pile of clean laundry that still needs to be folded. I will forever have laundry coming out my ears now. I need to embrace that too I suppose.
And while my daily tasks and responsibilities of striving to be a good housekeeper are simple, my job of being their mother is far from simple.
It is my calling and my purpose.
And I am exhausted and I often feel guilty that I need to spend my time in more meaningful ways with them, what mother doesn't? But there are some moments that everything syncs together, like when we're playing in the snow or creating something with playdough or just laughing at each other.
And in those moments, I am filled.
Being a mommy is truly the best thing that has ever happened to me, because I have never given so much of myself and my time and my service to anyone before.
To be honest, I am naturally a rather selfish person. But to really feel like you've had a good mommy moment, there is little room for selfishness.
The stomach bug overtook my girl for nearly an entire week. It was awful. But the extra snuggles were pretty tender.
I turned 30 in the midst of motherhood. And every day I sit and think how these three are my entire universe, and how blessed I am to have them forever.
And I will continue my prayer to be in the right place, at the right time, I sure hope I do something right today.
:)









No comments:
Post a Comment