The truth is, I have no idea who is reading this blog, or if anyone is reading this blog for that matter. But I will continue to document and ramble because it is therapeutic in a way, and a great way to keep a journal of our life.
The other truth is, we are still in this weird limbo phase over here.
And it's all because of this innocent- looking face.
"Who, Me??"
Yes. YOU.
Violet Aurora weighed 14.4 lbs at her 4 month appointment (60th percentile)
She is 25.25 inches tall (80th percentile)
And her head was 15.75 inches (20th percentile)
Our pediatrician almost didn't believe me when I explained how rough our nights can be, mostly because she is so stinkin sweet and smiley 85% of the day. She won him over fast and he just kept exclaiming "She is so sweet!"
It's true.
But my oh my is this little babe spirited. And yes, still giving us a run for our money!
A sufficient lack of sleep for over four months straight can give anyone the Baby Blues, and I have been doing my best to deal with this phase of mommyhood as best as I can.
I pulled my cello out the other day. Hello happiness. I am still not what I would call a "cellist" but I may be on the road to arriving there one day. I can make it sound beautiful some of the time. ;)
Again that sweet look of innocence. We're pretty good friends during daylight!
And then per usual during a time of weirdness or crisis, I hacked half of my hair off of my tired, often unkempt head. Who has time for thick long hair when two young girls are so dependable on you?
#Iwouldratherworkout
And I hate hash tags. So I am not even sure why I threw that in there but there it is.
I vowed in college never to go shorter than this length ever again. Some people look darling with pixie cuts. Other people...just wish their hair would grow back in a day or two after making that mistake.
Speaking of hair, this little Goose's head of gorgeous fine curls is getting rather long. It is so fun to play with her and convince her that she needs to have "Elsa hair", not that that takes much convincing at all. She loves it.
And I love her.
Throughout the day I ask Amberly about each of her buddies in her life, but I never fail to remind her who her best buddy is. Pick me, pick me!
And while I am learning and adjusting and going off of very little sleep and still not fitting in my pants or favorite skirt or looking how I would like to look in my fitted shirts
I am happy.
My girls mean everything to me.
And every now and then, we have moments of perfection and pure joy.
For example, this moment after the girls had a bath together.
Or conquering the crowds at the zoo with the two munchkins. (Minus my extremely challenging and awkward trek to the entrance with a baby falling out of the wrap I was wearing and me trying to push the stroller with one hand.)
And last Saturday which was the perfect day as a family of four. I should have taken pictures but we were just soaking in every moment. We had a family picnic in the sun, the girls both took a long afternoon nap simultaneously, we had time to clean, we went swimming at the South Jordan pool, got Cold Stone and Pizzeria Limone after (Jon and I agree this is the best pizza in the universe), and had a really magical day.As Jon and I often quote from one of the weirdest, funniest movies ever - Raising Arizona -
"What, are you kiddin? We got us a family here!" - Nicolas Cage
Just trying to remember to soak this all in.
And that's all I have to say for now.












Love this post! Made me kind of emotional. Love the pictures of you holding both your girls. Love the Raising Arizona quote! "I love him sooohoo much!"
ReplyDeleteSo cute! You are such an amazing mom!
ReplyDelete