I wonder if you have some idea of how much he loves you already. He has waited a long time for you to enter his life, and he will do everything in his power to bring you happiness. Can I tell you a little about him? It would be my pleasure.
Your dad loves water. He grew up in Hawaii and feels more at home outside than inside at times.
He's kind of a daredevil, which I think you will like very much. I will like it most times. :-) And yet I anticipate those moments in our future where I play the mom role, and everyone rolls their eyes saying "Oh mom, you always worry too much. We're fine!" And we will be.
Your father loves me very much. He is dedicated to telling me that every single day. :-)
Your father is a warrior in the battle of good and evil. His testimony of Jesus Christ is solid, and he honors his priesthood every day. He is the presider of our home; his mere presence will bring you feelings of safety and comfort. I always think of him when I read Alma 56, because I do not doubt his mother taught him exceptionally well. Thank you, Laura and Dan.
Your dad loves to play, which is one of the many reasons we get along so well. ;-) He is up for anything. 5:00 am movie and pancakes? "Sure babe." Come to the gym with me? "Let's do it right after I get off work." Burger King for dinner tonight? "I love whoppers."
Build a fort??!! "Great idea Rach! Man your battle station, Viper!"
My primary role is to be your nurturer, but your daddy is a nurturer too. You are so lucky for that. I suffered from severe cluster headaches last winter, and he sat with me until the end of every one. Those nasty little things screamed at me almost every day in February. One lasted for almost half a day, and your dad held me until it was over. Another came along to ruin our Valentine's Day. The headache began at somewhere around 4:30 am, and Jon was at my doorstep in minutes to guide me through it for the next four hours. He is a rock, and I know his example of love and loyalty will inspire each of you to be better children of God.
Your daddy is fun! He makes me laugh.
I wonder if you will be shy like he was as a kid. My little treasure box children, just needing to be opened in the right places for your jewels to shine.
We plan to go on family hikes as often as we can. Are you ready for Ditto adventures?
It seems your daddy was born to be a father. Children are drawn to him, and being around them brings him great joy.
But I know you will bring him the greatest joy of all. I can't wait to see him in each of you.

Rachel, this is the cutest post ever! and not just cause my little Hailey made it to the pictures :) You guys will love being parents!
ReplyDeleteWe have a blog too- www.dittoplanet.blogspot.com It's so fun to keep up with family that way!!
Okay, plan a trip to Spokane and come see us! :)
okay have a baby already! (because we all know you will make beautiful babies).
ReplyDelete