Truth: I am obsessed with the fact that he is.
I surprise him with a little card the night before our one year anniversary (take it easy...one year from the day we met, that is) and he blows me out of the water the next morning.
First, I wake up to a note that says "Sorry honey, you have to wait in the bedroom. Don't spoil the surprise."
And awhile later (after he tested my patience with waiting!) I walked out to a room full of eleven white roses. Each rose represented each month from the day we met, and memories were posted by each one. This took him some time, and what most impressed me was how well he remembered specific moments of us together during each of those months.
(Party animal Lisa requested that we babysit her LoveSac. Jon was far from opposed, even though it takes up half of our living room floor. Okay I love it too, reminds me of when we were dating anyways.)
My cheeks were hurting from smiling so much.
The husband was paranoid about me seeing the kitchen before this point, because it all had to go in order.
Month 12 memories were mentioned in the most beautiful letter I have ever received, in that card. He knows the way to my heart. See those CHOCOLATE COVERED CINNAMON BEARS? And, a magnificent calla. Did you know they symbolize majestic beauty, as well as rebirth? A native flower of Southern Africa (where Jon served for two years), it is the best flower in my world. Eggs on toast, nectarines, and strawberries. He is cute enough to even get me the specific yogurt I prefer. I know he laughs the whole time preparing surprises such as these, because he pictures my face and my reaction to it all. I sort of freak out. :-)
Thank you, thank you, thank you Jon. I love everything you are. I am so blessed, and I learn from you every day.
We had a blast celebrating at Lagoon. We both sort of FREAK OUT about amusement parks too.
I think we'll always be a couple of kids at heart. (The very back is the fastest sometimes!)
Here is the key to partying at Lagoon while maintaining your budget savviness: borrow your sister's (and sister's friend's) bounceback passes. (10$ each as opposed to $4frickin4)
Love your life.
I feel more complete than I ever have before.
LOVE this :) You guys are the cutest.
ReplyDeleteAww, that's so sweet! Cute blog you have here my cousin!
ReplyDelete