Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Our Harry Potter Fanhood.

Yes, we truly are fans of the chosen one. We figured we might as well do a HP marathon to be fully prepared for the seventh movie, and we knew we had to do it as the fearsome foursome. Because we knew the Purcell's would be dedicated, and prioritize their lives correctly with us: Harry came before school work, decent bed times, and what was supposed to be a blizzard last night. (Good thing we took that risk! What a wimp of a storm we received here in P-town...we woke up to GRASS. Whoop dee doo.)

So I think we started our movie marathon in early October. And once a week, we watched Harry conquer task after task, catch snitch after snitch, and throw one spell after another at his evil enemies. We probably would have gone to the premiere on Thursday, but I had a dance competition in Vegas last weekend so our faithful friends waited for us. I guess our men had a good point - attending the midnight show might have been a waste of money - undoubtedly Steph and I would have fallen asleep. Okay, so we're grandmas.


But we're freakin sweet grandmas! We all wish we went to Hogwarts really bad. This picture makes me laugh so hard. Matt was too cool for school and refused to pose, Steph and I are just trying not to laugh, and Jon looks like he belongs on the marquee.

How bout a smiley. We are all crossing our fingers that Matt and Hawaii (that rockin husband of mine) go to the same law school.

The movie was pretty good. As Jon and I just read the book over the weekend (and felt a little strange that we both had DREAMS about Harry Potter!) I realized a few things to help me enjoy the film better. First of all, books are always more detailed and just altogether better than movies. Always. I had to kind of separate the book from the movie in my mind, and needed to realize they won't be exactly the same. When I came to that conclusion, I was able to enjoy the movie more. Oh and what was with the unnecessary scenes between Harry and Hermione? Oh Hollywood, you crack me up.

But we had a blast. And Bathilda Bagshot is the creepiest person casted, next to Bellatrix Lestrange. Oh, and I LOVE Luna. She's probably my favorite. And even if the blizzard would have been what all the hype said it would be last night, nothing could have stopped our Harry Potter fanhood and our long-made decision to see the Deathly Hallows last night. Like I said, priorities people. Ha ha ha.

1 comment: