Saturday, June 9, 2012

Auckland Days 1 & 2

Standstill Moments of a Lifetime: New Zealand

I just had to make it through that 3 and a half weeks without my best friend, and I knew that it would all be worth it to meet him in New Zealand. Jon was offered to intern with the Simpson Grierson Law Firm in Auckland, and we were thrilled to seize the opportunity and create some cherished memories overseas. 

First, the most beautiful aircraft I had ever seen. Simply because it was the plane that would carry me to my husband. :-)

Together again, finally. It felt kind of surreal actually. Hopefully we never have to be apart that long again.

I arrived Sunday at 5:30 in the morning. We went to church with the amazing family Jon stayed with and woke early the next day to begin our exploring. First, Jon took me to the office he had been working in for the past month. We are still blown away by this incredible view.



Jon's desk and office. 

A few coworkers. 

 An overcast day in Auckland.

I fell in love with this tree!

A windy ferry boat ride to hike that volcano behind us, Rangitoto.

Only the strong survive Rangitoto.

I kept picturing the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park popping out at us.

"Get off the road!!" - Frodo Baggins

The view from the top of Rangitoto.


An Auckland sunset.

Our little New Zealand princess, Neveah.

 Jon's home away from home. Bishop Stone and his family. 

 I wish I could take her home with us. She's a little cabbage patch kid.

Grant LOVES karaoke. How fun is he?

So we all got along pretty well. :-)

We took so many photos, it's hard to choose which ones to document on our blog! Kia Ora. More to come!

4 comments:

  1. I was watching Lord of the Rings today -- and I swear I saw you in the background! ;-)

    So fun! I am excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see more! it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad when Dan and I are finally together again we don't get to spend 2 weeks in an exotic place like NEW ZEALAND!!!! Super jealous - the trip looks amazing and it's so fun to see the 2 of you in the same pictures (because it means you are together again!) Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete