Tuesday, August 21, 2012

3 Years Ago Today...

I was THIS close to spending that weekend in Vegas with Michelley, rather than going boating with some friends from my ward. 

 (Amy and Self)

That weekend would have consisted of my long days and nights of rehearsals with the Performing Arts Company had I done a third year on the team. But I distinctly remember the prompting that it was time to graduate and move on, that the man I would marry was not affiliated with my dance life in any way.
 So I went boating and made new friends.

All because of this great guy and his boat.
(We praise the name of Dwight Gibb in our household.)

And because Joe set up a boating trip weekend in Cody, Wyoming, of all places.

                                     
 I remember Dwight saying there would be a few friends from our singles ward and a few other friends of his I had never met before.
 And on August 21st 2009 this girl...
 met this guy....

 And on August 22nd, we spent the entire day on a random lake in Wyoming, getting to know each other.

It was so easy how we connected, like some kind of switch clicked on and we knew it wouldn't be the last day we would spend together.

Even then, I remember feeling so safe around him.


Last Tuesday we congratulated Dwight Gibb on his marriage to his darling new wife.



And we thanked him, once again, for having a boat. :-) 

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute story! Way to follow the Spirit! Jon is/was a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! You guys are the cutest! I CAN'T wait to hang out with you!! We have missed you!

    ReplyDelete