Jonathan's birthday is June 21st, which happens to be the longest day of the year as it's the summer solstice. How cool is that? I'm only a little jealous.
Our ward campout fell directly on his birthday this year, and we were asked to be in charge of it. So I planned a combined ward activity/birthday bash for my man!! (Much to his embarrassment)
A few of our favorite people.
Did I forget to mention my little sis is now in our student married ward! Best thing ever!
The campout was a huge success, just like last summer. Bishop always hooks us up with this same private ranch with a little lake to ourselves. Canoe racing was the highlight this year!
And Jon didn't mind celebrating his birthday with the camping trip.
But I had to prolong his birthday throughout the week, and the day after his birthday we got a good group together to play Jon's favorite - Jungle Ball. It's basically basketball in the pool - but the guys play full contact. Dunking, splashing, attacking, anything goes.
The girls also defend each other, but I have to play a bit more timidly these days. (I tried convincing everyone that my shots + baby should be worth double points, yes?)
Speaking of baby, I feel very pregnant in that pink maternity shirt.
We'll count that bump as just another birthday present for Jonathan!
I surprised my man this year with a John Wayne movie collection, his favorite Aquadigio, and an Ipod radio. I think despite how crazy busy this past week was, he managed to have a happy birthday!Happy 29th Birthday Jon!!
Fun to see my sister on your blog. Makes me wish I was there. Enjoy your last year in your twenties Jon!
ReplyDelete