I even had a dream about you the night before Tuesday, June 18th when the technician confirmed that you are indeed our Baby Girl.
We think the early gender ultrasound, available at the 16th week of pregnancy, is a perfect fit for us! It was your Daddy's birthday week after all.
I live to feel you moving inside me.
With each passing week you reassure me you are there, swimming and dancing and kicking and punching. They are the cutest little flutters, and they thrill me.
Your daddy has placed his hand on my tummy countless times to feel your movements, and each attempt has been in vain - until last night.
I'm glad you decided to stop being shy so that he could finally feel you move for the first time.
Do you know how much he adores you already? His eyes filled with tears and we both couldn't stop laughing because for the first time, he felt your little flutters!
It was a standstill moment, just like the moment during the ultrasound when I looked into Jon's eyes as he realized he was having a daughter. His feelings are so tender towards you, and you have certainly melted his heart already.
Be prepared though, because your dad sure loves sports and he wants you to become some sporty chick!
Rest assured you'll be in dance class just as soon as your tiny dancer feet fit into these ballerina slippers. Like mother like daughter!
In the end I'll be a good mama and let you choose whatever you love best. If you have a passion for both sports and dance, all the better!
I do have a feeling you'll be quite the Daddy's Girl though, just like I was. I mean come on, what little lady wouldn't adore this man as a father?
But for now, I get you all to myself. Your heart beats inside of me, and I talk to you before we go for our light morning jogs together.
I love singing to you,
But nothing is sweeter than when your daddy sings his bedtime song to you.
I am compiling a list of various songs for you to sleep to, in hopes that you will be drawn to all things beautiful, wholesome, and uplifting. The list is comprised of cello and classical piano pieces as well as my favorite lullabies.
We sure love you already, little Goose.
16 weeks
18 weeks
Next week marks the halfway point, Baby Girl!
Keep growing and bouncing and thriving.
I pray every day that I can be a good mother to you.
I LOVE it! Can't wait to meet your little goose. ;)
ReplyDelete