She has teased us time and again, and we knew that magic moment was right around the corner.
We'd get little snippets here and there, and full out toothless grins during her sleep that would melt any heart anywhere.
But this morning, after I was feeding her about 5:45am, Amberly Faith looked up at her mama, locked eyes, and gave me one of the richest standstill moments of my life.
Dimples on both sides, full-out 100%, level 10 smile. Ear to ear. I love this picture but just imagine: this photo only captures about half of what she was giving us in the early morning.
Of course I woke Jonathan up, because she had finally arrived. It was consistent. It was time and time again as we played with her and tickled her and let her recognize our faces. That smile, finally responding and repeating and communicating.
And we are still floating.
The only thing I can compare it to is the fall of 2009 when I fell in love with Jonathan. Sometimes life stands still. It is pure magic and joy. It is our daughter knowing us and showing us a priceless piece of her precious soul. It is perfect. That smile.
I'd say it's been an unforgettable 28th birthday for me.
You and I have close birthdays! Mine is January 4. I'm so excited to see our girl's smile - we'll be meeting her in the next couple of weeks (at week 38 now). Sweet babes.
ReplyDelete