Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Queenstown Adventures, Take Two


Day 10. Hiking the Remarkables Mountains.

We woke up to this.
 And we were especially happy that it didn't snow all day as was promised the night before.

So feeling particularly lucky, we set out for yet another hike to catch a better view of Queenstown.


And the ONLY way to keep warm was to KEEP moving.
 We were definitely the only ones on the tippity top of this trail!

We survived the cold and reached Lake Alta.
 It was so peaceful up here all alone. The nice thing about New Zealand is there are absolutely no predators. We felt safe wherever we explored in the wilderness.
 So we set our camera on a rock and had some fun up here.



And yeah...I couldn't help it. I had to be Gollum just once.

My Precious.

So the above picture is to trick you into thinking I'm totally hardcore and didn't have an ounce of trouble with the cold. However, I'd feel like a liar if you didn't see how I reacted at the beginning of this memorable hike. I have no pride left. Here is my babyish self, and Jon's favorite video of the trip.

 Who is freezing from the inside out on the 5th of June? This Utah girl did not appreciate it.

But as is often the case, Jonathan was right. I ended up loving this hike (once we started moving) and I am grateful for my husband's expertise with persuasion. He certainly has perfected his negotiation skills to an art!






No comments:

Post a Comment