Thursday, July 10, 2014

Camping at Easley

 I would say Amberly's first camping trip was a huge success. We always have my Mom's family reunions up at Easley campground near Ketchum Idaho, and this year it was over the 4th of July weekend. I might have whined once or twice about missing my husband during the five days we were away, but the bar will be over with soon and then we'll get to play with that guy again! (How old am I? I was homesick for the guy within ten minutes of arriving to the campground. I'm such a wuss.)
 
Amberly meeting my cousin Diana. Di wouldn't let her go: "I'm not good at sharing babies."
Too cute.
 
In Anthony and Sarah's ginormous tent
 
Amberly and Aliya's "cage fight" - Aliya won.
 
Pinata time. Yes it's a family tradition and no I am not Latin American. It's just a family tradition that the kids love!

 
Even Miss Amberly got a whack at it...sorta
 
Okay she actually got scared and starting to cry at all the faces looking at her at once...too much to handle! It was so funny.
 
My sad girl.

 
Aliya passed out on Sarah. The moments she didn't have dirt caked on her face were rare indeed. Oh the life of a toddler...and those days are right around the corner for me! Bring it on.
 
Zach and Keira chilling in Grandma's fancy camping chair.
 
David and Em.
 
Aliya loved sharing this chair but Amberly wasn't so sure...
 
I had to get creative with Amberly's naps. She despises being too hot so it was kind of tricky at times. Lying her down in her stroller and taking a walk normally puts her to sleep, so it all worked out. The highlights of our trip were swimming, our lip syncing contest, and my morning jogs each day. There were plenty of hands to fight over who got to hold the baby while I went running, so that ws nice. I am proud of my girl for going on her first camping trip, and I was so excited to come home to my husband!


No comments:

Post a Comment