So I jumped on the chance to run in Whit's place, with a dear friend of mine who I met in 8th grade.
Being close friends with Mary all through high school and my college career really changed my life.
Her fitness and nutrition lifestyle greatly impacted me, and I am forever grateful.
Woke up at 4:15 am to feed the babe and leave for SLC by 5. 6:00am races are early!
It's sort of funny how she still influences me, I am so grateful for this girl and her lifelong friendship. Mare is one of my bestest friends and I just adore her and her quirky sense of humor.
.
There is never a dull moment with this girl
Mary got me cruisin down the parade route for our 10K. I averaged an 8:20 mile and finished the race in 51:46, which is pretty fast for me these days. It was nice of Mare to slow down and stay with me (the Crazy normally averages a 7-minute something mile)! Finally for the last mile, I told her to speed up if she wanted to because I'd be sticking at that pace until the end. It sure felt a lot longer than my last 10K, but I beat my time by 6 minutes!
Trying to find a good place for our pic because we're self-obsessed and love social media, etc. ;)
We were both anxious to get back to our favorite little people after the race, and Mary's mom brought them to us in Salt Lake! We ate breakfast at the incredible Grand America Hotel (yes I was totally overdressed in my running gear at such a fancy venue...whoops)
And then we watched about 15 minutes of the Days of 47 Parade before we got too hot.
Mary is currently living in Manhattan with her man (right outside Central Park!) and she totally converted me to her Beco carrier. Amberly doesn't love carriers, but she sure loved this one. It was super comfortable and she didn't even mind being too hot in it! See, that Mary still influences me. Now I'll probably have to buy a Beco.
It's been so refreshing having Mary in town this week. We love seeing Cora and Amberly together.
Future roommates. They better love each other!
Sure love ya Mare Bear. Jon and I are seriously considering an NYC 2015 trip.










You and Mary look so cute. :) I hope you are both doing well.
ReplyDeleteTHanks Linnea! I Hope You Are Doing Well Too!
Delete