Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a Great Day to be a Ditto


Ring out, wild bells! Dan the bachelor is married! And I have a new sister who I adore.


Jonathan and I with Aunt Junie Ditto. Sometimes I make goals to be like people when I grow up, this woman is one of those. She is one vivacious and lively firecracker!

Here's the gorgeous bride and groom with our LeGrand Baker. He loved it when I called him my adopted Granddaddy last Thursday. LeGrand is the retired religion professor that Jon and I meet with every Sunday. Daniel used to meet weekly with him during college and shares a close bond with him as well.

 Sara made these leather headbands because she is a little wizard! I am in love and will be wearing this little baby often.


Ooo lah lah!

 Sara and I changed the words to "I Want to Spend my Lifetime Loving You" to "I want to Spend my Night-time Skyping You" and sang a passionate love song for their wedding luncheon. It worked perfectly, because it was from Dan's perspective and luckily Alicia's family sang a hilarious song from the bride's perspective. And then just to add more perfection, Dan and Alicia closed with their own song. They are so in love.


Just missing Elder Sam Ditto. He'll be home next summer though! Take it easy, ladies. There is a long line of women waiting for that missionary to come home. It's going to be like an Olympic event.

Like I said, a great day to be a Ditto!
 And a Mecham!
 What a fool I am for not taking a picture of that baby on the dashboard. It's holding a Darth Vader sign that says "Nothing can stop us."
It was a group effort, for sure. My favorite part is that those balloons have glow in the dark lights inside.

We laughed, we cried, and we celebrated the union of Daniel and Alicia. We couldn't be happier, except for the fact that they have to drive off to St. Louis Missouri now until next summer. As long as we all settle within driving distance of each other, I won't complain.

I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints that binds eternal families together.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Looks like a fun party :) And "Ring Out Wild Bells" is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete