Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Queenstown, Take Two Again!

Day 10 continued...

Despite the rain beginning to trickle, it was on our agenda to do a second hike that day in Queenstown. So we began the ascent up the Ben Lamont trail. The fog created a mystical beauty all around us.


And the rains came a tumblin down... 


They had another luge at the top of this mountain (just like Rotorua!) so...yeah. We had to do it again.
 In the rain. Like a child. Let me tell you what, those tracks were a bit slicker with the rain pouring down. We were cookin down these trails! (Thank you camera man, for the pic! I snagged this on their screen at the bottom afterward.)

We were drenched. And it was one of the most memorable days of the trip.

 I snagged this one too because we were laughing for a good five minutes after we saw this. I promise we're both 5 inside. ESPECIALLY Jon.



Okay maybe you're a grown man after all. 

Doing two hikes that day was all part of Jon's plan so that we could more fully enjoy THIS:
 Introducing: The Ferg Burger.
 We shared "The Big Al" with some hearty chips (french fries silly!)
Some fun additions to this gigantic cheeseburger included fried eggs, beets, and the Ferg's special sauce.
 Our lives were changed forever. And I thought In & Out was awesome. Nothing compares to the Ferg. Oh how we miss you!

Sometimes I exercise just so I can enjoy a little junk food now and again. :-) Oopsies.

2 comments:

  1. I love fried eggs and beets on burgers! There was a burger shop in London that used to have 'kiwi burgers' that my friend from New Zealand introduced me to and they are AWESOME! We should do a kiwi bbq this summer. It may not be the Ferg, but it'd be fun to pretend haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel...BRILLIANT! Done and done. We'd love to participate. We love using our grill too!

      Delete