We all have our own bucketlists of life. Working out with Billy Blanks has been one of mine for quite some time. Ha ha! I am very pleased to announce that shortly after returning home from our "move" to Ohio last summer, this was checked off of my bucketlist.
Post workout Chat:
It's pretty obvious we're besties by now.
Did I mention that for the past 12 years, I have always wanted to hit this?
Jon's favorite part about this clip: me mouthing the words "This is awesome!" LOL
This was everything I dreamed of and more. He screamed in my face, he held his punching bag directly in front of me so I could punch and kick harder, and he helped me with my form. I stayed for both sessions and was extremely sore the next day. LOVED it. I also got a shirt and a picture signed. Let's face it, I am an Old School gal and still a huge Tae Bo fan. And for the record, he is just as ripped as ever. Jon was pretty impressed. Seriously how could I not meet Billy? It was only a matter of time.
If you've ever done the videos, you'll recognize Shelli, his daughter.
Now to attack the next item in the fitness category of my lifelong bucketlist: Become a certified aerobics instructor. All in a matter of time! Let's be honest, I might as well get paid for working out. I am debating between spin and turbokick.
Think I can motivate people to move?
Hey Rach! Sorry I'm just responding to your post! I got my Masters at Argosy University in Marriage and Family Therapy. I went there because I worked full time for the first year, and I was able to go to class at night. If I went to BYU, I would've had to go back & take extra classes, take the GMAT, apply, and I probably would've just barely been starting. Instead...I'm finished! I was worried about going to a smaller-type school, but I feel like it's been a great experience...I can totally hold my own with other clinicians that have gone to other schools. It was what worked best for me & my goals. Hope everything works out for you! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome Ash! Thanks for all the info. I only applied to BYU, we'll see what happens! What a great degree to have under your belt, you go girl.
Deletehow did you meet him? Where was he?
ReplyDeleteTea, totally random. He happened to have a presentation in Helper, Utah of all places because they have a Tae Bo studio down there and he decided to come. I have never even been to that tiny little town until I drove down just to meet him!
DeleteOh my gosh I LOVE this post, and YOU! I love that you went and met him! And you could totally be an instructor. You would be so fun and positive. You can practice on our relief society anytime :)
ReplyDeleteHa ha thanks Anna and I just might take you up on that one. I will want to practice a lot before my first paid class for sure!
Delete